9.26.2013

[TRANS] 130925 韓Fun - Yoon DuJun



Filming in the hot weather… it was hard on my stamina

First of all, what was the reason in agreeing to film in this drama?
DuJun: The previous season had left a deep impression on me, but then I got the opportunity to be able to appear in the drama.

How was it when you actually appeared [in the drama]?
DuJun: It was really an honor, but I also felt a lot of pressure. You know that the drama itself has a hard content and it's not an ordinary life story (laughs). I think that created a lot of pressure.

This is a question on DuJun's character, Seo HyunWoo. What kind of person is he?
DuJun: A multi-talented elite agent who continuousy loves one woman.

Which part(s) did you take into consideration while acting?
DuJun: First of all, because it's a spy drama I practiced the action acts by attending action schools. I also worked out to increase my physical fitness/stamina. How to use a gun, how to hold a gun, how to control the opponent [in a fight, etc.]… these were really difficult so I think I took these into consideration the most.

There were a lot of action scenes.
DuJun: I filmed an action scene with Lee BumSoo sunbae in Cambodia but it was really hot… It was an overseas film and there were a lot of difficult action [scenes] that I think it was harder. The filming was done during winter. Filming an action scene in the cold appears better on the screen, but cambodia was so hot that my stamina was kind of lost… (laughs).

Was it harder than during BEAST's promotion?
DuJun: Yes. BEAST has 6 members so we can divide the hardship out to 1/6 each, but in the drama I'm alone (laughs).

The difficulty in filming the action scenes in the heat can be imagined. Not only in Cambodia, but he was also filming grand scale action scenes in Akita and Hungary

Other than Cambodia, this drama had featured large overseas locations in Akita, Hungary, and so on. How was the overseas filming overall?
DuJun: It was fun and hard (laughs). Well, because it was the first time filming overseas…. It was winter in Akita was it snowed a lot, but it wasn't as cold as I expected it to be. I didn't have a lot of scenes in Akita so I was able to see a lot of things, so that good.

Is there a memorable place?
DuJun: The lodgins was near Akita Station so I walked around that area a lot (laughs). There were people who recognized me, and BEAST's fans also came to see me.

You went to 3 different countries, but which place did you like the most?
DuJun: I want to visit all the places that I filmed again. I think it'd be nice to visit by myself. I went to Cambodia before for a past television program [MBC's Danbi] recording, but there was a different atmosphere/feel for that time and this time. I go to Japan often but it was my frist itme going to Akita, so I was really happy. The feel was different from the IrisI watched, so it was interesting.


To be able to act another person is the biggest charm


HyunWoo is an elite NSS's mood maker, having excellent skills in shooting, martial arts/fighting, decoding passwords, language, and so on. Tell us the similarity between you and him [HyunWoo].
DuJun: Well… I don't think we're similar, because HyunWoo is such an outstanding character (laughs). He was an outstanding character so it was fun and hard to act him.

The character [HyunWoo] is always full of confidence and energy. Is your personality also like him?
DuJun: Yes, I think our personality is similar. I don't overflow with confidence but I have just enough (laughs), and I think the energetic/cheerful personality is also similar….

Then are you the most cheerful among BEAST?
DuJun: Yes, perhaps…. Because the other members aren't that cheerful(laughs), I'm the most cheerful. It's a joke (laughs).

How was the atmosphere while filming?
DuJun: It was reall good. The sunbaes [senior actors] took care of and lead me and the other younger actors a lot, so that we were able to learn a lot of things without pressure. There were also a number of actors in the similar age range… it was a difficult filming but it was relaxing and gave me strength, because I was with those actors.

Did the sunbae [senior] actors give advices?
DuJun: Yes. They gave me a lot of advices and taught me a lot too. They did a lot of things for me during the filming so that I wouldn't have difficulty. Especially JangHyuk sunbae helped me a lot.

Please tell us any scenes or points to focus on while watching the drama.
DuJun: I hope you'll watch the drama from the beginning to the end. Because the plot isn't an ordinary story, there might be places that are difficult to undestand, but if you concentrate while watching, I think it'll be more exciting. Also look forward to the scenes that I come out in (laughs).

As you're being focused on as an actor beside a singer, what do you think is acting's charm?
DuJun: You're acting a different person from yourself. To be able to show different sides, I think that's the biggest charm [of acting].

Which work do you want to appear on next time?
DuJun: I want to consider all the opportunities given to me specially and appear in a work regardless of the genre. A work like Iriswill be an honor and I would also like a love story (laughs).

Some day I might act in Japan? 

As an actor, you are also a member of BEAST. This time tell us the charms of being a singer.
DuJun: Being a singer overflows with energy. You can receive a lot of energy from the fans and at the same time give out a lot of energy too. I think it's a great activity/job.

Being a singer and an actor at the same time would be difficult and tiring. How do you relieve your stress?
DuJun: I like football. When I play football, I can really get rid of the stress. But these days I was too busy so I couldn't play often. I'm not the type that gets stressed while doing my work so I don't think I specially need to relieve my stress (laughs). It's hard but it's natural.

Lastly, a message to the Japanese fans please.

DuJun: There are plans to do promotions in Korea, and in Japan too, and I hope that I'll be able to meet everyone as an actor too [in Japan]. I am always thankful for greeting us [BEAST] the many times we visit Japan. We, BEAST, and me as an actor will come back even better than now!


CREDITS
original Japanese magazine copy: @ys_aya
Translation from Japanese to Korean: 콩콩XD / @KongKongXD

Translation from Korean to English by "My DREAM Boys" or @dreamboys1016 ; not 100% perfect, there will be mistakes. Please take out with full credits, thank you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment